Aquaria KLCC

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Saturday 3 March 2007 at 3:00 am


Went to Aquaria KLCC during the holidays, got some pics so i decided to try it out.. It was a pretty hectic day.. Woke up at 7.45 in the morning compared to my usual 12 pm, hehe! We went to a place to eat dim sum for breakfast with SooChing and her friends, Alan and Yin Ling. That meal was extremely filling.. It's so surprising a little this and a little that can fill me up so badly.. Haha! Then we drove all the way to KLCC. On the way, I saw a few pretty interesting things. I saw a construction worker carrying one of those road dividers that the construction people use to wall the roads. The weird thing is, she carried it on her head, without arm support. I tried to take out my camera in time but I can't.. Might win Rm50 from theStar if I could..
haha!

We passed an airfield as well.. Interestingly, I eyed on a bunch of pretty old aircrafts. One of them of which is a seaplane, probably decommissioned or something. Unsurprisingly I was the only one excited about the find.. :P Then there was this cool looking helicopter landing, haha! I have something for planes since I was young..












If you can tell, there's a spot of dirt on my
camera when this picture was taken on the bottom.. sigh..



In KLCC we went to Aquaria. Aquaria is an aquatic exhibition build very recently, I think it was only opened not more than 3 months ago. The journey to the actual place itself from KLCC was terrible.. We had to walk a good 10 minutes through a boring looking tunnel to reach the
place. We could only think of a reason for this.. "Aiyah, already walk so far d.. Might as well go in lar.." haha! The price was a hefty RM20 for students.. I had to fork out RM25 coz my uni is overseas.. Unfair lar.. I student also mar..
















Inside, we were first greeted with a little pond where we could touch the specimens.. There were fishes and starfishes and stuff.. Looks pretty geli actually.. When I asked the attendant whether they
will bite, they said they can; but would not.. Lol! What kind of answer is that? Can say can lar, kenot say kenot lar.. :P I won't sue you one..

There were many cute and weird looking fishes in boring looking aquariums. The coolest one though, has to be this puffer fish.. It's a square looking fish, and it spits water out of its mouth! Pretty Cute.



Submarine! Check out the 'windows' at the side of the fish!



Then we enter the main 'attraction', the underwater tunnel thingy.. (I forgot to note what it's called.. Silly me.. ). It's actually cool.. Not cool cool cool.. but cool.. So cool we went through the tunnel twice.. Too bad we din get through it three times.. More value for the RM25..
Sigh.. Inside though, there are cool and big and scary looking sharks.. Then there's this big and cool looking sting ray.. Seriously massive.. And there's this 'faceless void' character.. Spooky..

The eyes are actually on top of the fish.. The 'face' is actually it's mouth and water intakes. It was difficult to get a clear picture though, as the subject was moving in dark lighting.


I guess the best attraction in the whole place is the underwater tunnel, typical of all underwater parks. Apart from the usual sharks and divers, the cool thing is the conveyor belt everyone stands on. Feels like a baggage in KLIA.. haha!

That's pretty much Aquaria KLCC.. Finished it in less than 2 hours.. That's rm12.5 per hour.. It's not really worth the money nor effort.. Langkawi Underwaterworld is much better in my opinion.. Oh well.. :P


Comments:

There are 3 comments for Aquaria KLCC