Thank You Teacher!

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Tuesday 29 August 2006 at 3:03 pm

We had a lecture of the anatomy of the breast today. Everything was a usual until the lecturer reached the lymph node slides. It is then where i thought about my Biology lecturer in A-Levels. She thought us for around half a year and then she was suddenly replaced by another lecturer. It was not after a while later that we found out that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I guess it must have been a late diagnosis as apparently she had reached the advanced stage. The cancer had gone malignant. We were all shocked to hear the news, but life goes on i guess. There was nothing much we could do for her but to give her emotional support. Luckilly she seemed to be a strong woman which always had a smile on her face.

That was two years ago. A few months back, during the winter break, a fellow classmate in Taylors told me that she had passed away. I did not really felt the shock then, as we were told that she only had around a year's time left before we left college.

I had felt the feeling of despair when someone I know passed away. She thought me the lesson to cherish everyone around me.

For all my female friends, do get regular check-ups when the time is right. Be aware and get early interventions.

I'm sorry for everything wrong that i've ever done. Thank you teacher.

Comments:

There are 2 comments for Thank You Teacher!