My first DSLR

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Saturday 3 May 2008 at 1:32 am

After toying for almost two years, I finally made the move to get a DSLR. Goodbye Panasonic FX-9, you have been an excellent camera. Hello Nikon D-80, you are so complicated I haven't finished reading your manual..

Got the camera off ebay at a reasonable price, the camera was shipped from Hong Kong within three days! The D80 is pretty heavy, but Nikon really knows how to build it so that it feels perfectly in my grip.

SLR photography is quite difficult, but it's really fun to learn all the tricks of the trade. The hobby does require a substantial amount of $$$$ though.. which I don't have.. lol!

Did a first test run in UNSW at night with choy the other day, results were not as good as I hope coz there's a few aspects that I needs to learn about. It's slow but I'm getting a hang of it.

The next thing I tried to do was to set up a mini-studio in my room for my Gundam. I dun have all the expensive lights, so I just use my kiam siap table lamps.

It turned out.. OK, but not very good, still have much to learn..

D80 is so exciting!

Comments:

There are 7 comments for My first DSLR