Society and Health

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Tuesday 24 July 2007 at 3:38 pm

Started my second session on Phase 2 med course this week. We're doing the course called 'Society and Health'. I really dread this course, at least the non-hospital part of the course. Why? Because it's filled with endless statistical and ethical stuff that bores everyone out. I can seriously see at least 10 people sleeping on the first day of Uni. I hope the hospital attachments are interesting this time round, we're gonna get attached to various aspects of community health care, so we'll be doing home visits and stuff, which are quite interesting.

But then, we received an email from the course coordinator from Sutherland Hospital.

The best sentence i've see so far from him is this:

"Everything that can go wrong with this has gone wrong"

So now we're kinda lost souls with no idea where to go or what to do, hence my free day today, which i'm glad for :P

The trip i just had during the winter break was great. Went to Perth to visit my baby and the trip was a very enjoyable one. :) Took some nice pictures while we're at it, and gave my new tripod a test run. I'll post up some pictures when I have the time, but this is one of my favorite.. It's taken during a Curtin Uni organised tour called 'Twilight Tours'.


This is taken at King's Park at night. It's pitch black at that time, but a good 60 second exposure lighten up everything, including the stars. It's quite difficult to aim the shot here as my camera has no viewfinder and it's pitch dark. I was lucky to hit a shot that obeys the rule of thirds here though. Hehe! Don't kill me bb :P



In King's Park, we were also greeted with a magnificent view of Perth's Cityscape. It's truly a great sight and the location we were at greatly puts everything is a good perspective for photography (minus the stupid trees blocking the view).


On the way to King's Park, we visited a beach (forgot the name) to supposedly see the sunset. Unfortunately, the sun has setted before we reached it.. so it's pitch black.. haha! Oh well.. luckilly, I was armed with my tripod here, and I was able to take some quite colourful pictures of the twilight hour.



That's all for now, more pictures shall come later :)

I might be updating my aquaria KLCC post as its receiving some hits from google/yahoo search. Stay tuned.

Quote of the day: "Most cardiologists think that the heart is the most important organ in the body"

Comments:

There are 3 comments for Society and Health