Sirens outside my window~

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Sunday 9 October 2005 at 12:38 am

Almost every other day, i'll hear a siren outside my room. Its a sound that had been pretty much familiar to me since the days in eton hall. Its the sounds of an ambulance racing towards Alexandra hospital. I haven't heard it at all after i moved to Ridzuan condo, mainly because its located away from the main road. The sirens i hear here, are sounds of ambulances racing towards another hospital; the Prince of Wales hospital, in short: POW hospital. Everytime i heard the sound, it will strike me that someone's life is in danger. I had this little desire to hitch a ride in one of the ambulances as an intern, and experience the challenges of the paramedics. Not many people appriciate their efforts, and not many people wants to be one of them. A doctor told me once that its a very hectic job, which of course it true, considering the need for them to reach the destination quickly and perform their job efficiently. They are the ones that would determine whether someone would be saved or not.

Of course, the sirens can also come from the police. There was once i witnessed a hot persuit right outside my window. 5 police cars chasing 1 vehicle. According to my friend, these persuits occur rather frequently, and he was quite surprised that i haven't seen one. Everytime i see a police car with sirens blazing and racing down the street, i wonder what happened at his destination. Someone might be in danger, panicking or robbed. Someone might be already dead somewhere, and things like that.. Of course, non of us really do care anyway...

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Sirens outside my window~