Inspiration...

Posted by Way Siong | | Posted On Monday 29 August 2005 at 11:14 pm

Watched Grey's Anatomy just now..

Its a great series.. great especially for those aspiring to be doctors, great especially if you're aspiring to be a surgeon... Unlike scrubs which had more comedies, Grey's Anatomy is the serious stuff, its the real stuff..

The series kicked of with several interns at their first day. And the story revolves around a chatacter, Dr. Grey.

I've known that being a doctor is hectic and all, but this series really potrayed it all.. There was a scene when the intern had to make crucial decisions because her patient was having a seizure, then suddenly her heart stopped.. Dr. Grey was totally blank and kinda lost in her own world, with the nurses shouting at her for instructions. I actually tried imagining myself in that position, and it actually sent some chill down my spine.. When Dr. Grey managed to save the child, i actually felt relieved.. lol!

Watching a movie is nothing like doing the real thing.. there was a scene where another intern was performing appendectomy. Everything went well, he extracted the apendix but then when he tried to sew up the colon, it breaked. Feaces and blood were leaking everywhere (they actually performed i real one i think), and his senior doctor was shouting at him, asking him, "what would you do!?". Again, this doctor went blank totally..

Fear is what i have in my career now, not fear of 48-hour long shifts. But fear of losing a patient under my care.. I risk that everyday for the rest of my career.. Of course, the only reward for all the hardship is the act of saving lives...

I'm suddenly inspired to really study.. not just to pass exams.. but to ensure that i'm adequately prepared to face the challenges that awaits me once i took up the title... DR...

Comments:

There are 4 comments for Inspiration...